Running & Racing

Monday, January 26, 2009

two-a-day training

This weekend was my first attempt with two-a-days and I seemed to handle it pretty well. On Saturday I ran 8+ outside at 6am and followed that up with 5 miles on the treadmill at 3pm. On Sunday I ran 9.5 miles outside at 6am and followed that up with 5 miles on the treadmill at 3pm.

I was a little stiff before my run on Sunday morning (no worse than usual though) and I felt fine before my afternoon runs. This morning (Monday) I actually felt better than I usually do. I don’t want run twice every day but I would like to do it 3 times a week. Right now I think that Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday would work best. This should bring be closer to 60-65 miles per week without having to do too many long runs (which were really starting to take their toll).

No comments: