Running & Racing

Monday, January 26, 2009

I inspired my sister!

I inspired my sister! Shortly after returning from Phoenix, Kathy sent me an email that started out…

I had to e-mail you and tell you that you inspired me. Seeing you and the other runners cross that finish line was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I was so proud of you!

Those 2 little lines made me feel better than even qualifying for Boston did.

Well she went on to say that she is going to start running and wants me to run a 5k with her. I have since registered both of us for the May Classic 5k in Hyde Park. I have run the race twice and I think she will really enjoy the atmosphere.

I really hope this turns out to be a good experience for her. It would be pretty cool to have her competing in some of the races that I run (since I know that I’ll never get Ron out there).

No comments: