Running & Racing

Monday, February 16, 2009

First 70 mile week

This week I surpassed 70 miles in a week for the first time. Even though I was feeling pretty tired on Saturday and Sunday it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. If I didn’t have any races coming up I could have even topped 80 this week.

Weekly total: 70.2
Monday 5.75
Tuesday 8.7
Wednesday 5.94, 7.2
Thursday 8.15
Friday 6.06
Saturday 9.1, 6.25
Sunday 13.02
Ave Pace 8:00

The doubles are great for increasing my mileage but I need to include some more long runs. Only one 10+ mile run is not going to cut it. Both of my weekend morning runs should top 10 and I’d like to get my Sunday run up to 15.

Since I have some races coming up I will pull back on the miles for a few weeks. My plan is to run 55-60 this week and 30 the following week before the half marathon on Sunday (3/1). After San Diego I’d like to see how much I’m able to increase the mileage. I don’t know if I could ever make it to a 100 in a week but I would like to get a couple of 300+ mile months this summer.

No comments: