Running & Racing

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hartford weather

I have very little luck when it comes to running marathons in ideal weather. My race performance goes downhill fast when the temps are above the mid 50’s. My ideal race temps are in the 40’s. I’ve known this for a while which is why I look for races up north for my PR attempts.

As of last week it looked like Hartford might come through. The forecast was for 40’s Saturday morning. Forecast below. The 43 low is on Saturday night not morning. At start time the temps should be in the high 50’s to low 60’s with a 70% chance of rain. Oh well, I guess there will be no PR this weekend.

In Chicago, which I raced last year, the forecast is for clear and low 40’s as race start. Last year the race temps were mid 70’s to mid 80’s and humid.

This will be my first attempt at a 2011 BQ. I’m already in for 2010 so there isn’t a lot of pressure to qualify in Hartford yet but I would rather get it over with and not have worry about it for a while.

No comments: