Running & Racing

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekly Summary 7/18/2010

My last 2 weeks have been very production training weeks. I topped 65 miles each week and managed at leaset 2 long runs. Saturday I ran 13 miles and was still in good enough shape to get in 2 runs on Sunday. I’m a little tired for overall my body is handling the extra miles just fine. Hitting the weights seemed to fix that IT Band injury. I just have to make sure that I don’t slack on the lifting as I start increasing the mileage.

I want to keep up the daily runs (streak now stands at 43 straight days) until my NYC trip at the end of the month. My schedule is pretty clear so I shouldn’t have to resort to doubles to get the miles in. I would like to get in 3-4 long runs this week with another 2 next week (on 4 training days). This would give my around 260 miles this month making it my 2nd highest monthly total.

As August starts I will have 10 weeks of marathon training until Chicago. During those first 7-8 weeks I would like to get in at least 60 mpw and get into the 75-80 range every other week. I would also like to get in a 15+ mile run every week.

No comments: