Running & Racing

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekly summary 4/12/2009

Weekly total 50.3
Monday 6.36
Tuesday 8.08
Wednesday 9.0
Thursday 7.93
Saturday 10.38
Sunday 8.51
Average pace 7.40

This was my last full training week before Boston. Overall I felt pretty good for the week. I decided not to race (5k) on Saturday. As much as I wanted to get another race in, I didn’t want to push it and end up with an injury.

My training plan this week is to keep the miles down and give my body a chance to heal a little. I won’t be running Saturday or Sunday but I would like to get runs in at least 4 of the 5 other days. Right now the plan is an easy 5 miles on Monday, 1 hour run at medium on Tuesday and 3-5 easy on Wed-Fri. If I take another day off it would probably be Thursday. 3 out of 4 days off before Monday should ensure that I have fresh legs.

The current forecast for race day is 43-53 and 60% chance of rain. It’s still too far out to get worried but I really hope it doesn’t rain.

1 week until Boston

No comments: