Running & Racing

Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Summary 2/21/2010

Weekly total: 43.0
Wednesday: 8.17
Thursday: 8.6
Friday: 6.31
Saturday: 8.14, 3.68
Sunday: 8.1
Average pace: 7:59

This was really a difficult training week. My hamstrings were tight my knee was sore and I had no energy. Ron got out of the hospital on Tuesday so I wasn’t able to run until Wednesday. Everyday seemed to be a struggle. It would take me a mile to loosen up my hamstrings and another 2 miles before I could comfortably run a decent pace. I’m not sure what’s going on with me but getting more sleep would be a good start in trying to fix it.

Needless to say, I don’t feel ready for Sunday’s half marathon. I was hoping to beat my PR by 2+ minutes but now I’m thinking that anything under 1:40 might be an accomplishment. My plan this week is to try and get in three 8 mile runs on Tues-Thurs and take Fri-Sat off.

No comments: