Running & Racing

Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekly summary 8/22/2010

That’s 2 straight 70+ mile weeks. So much for an easier week.

I still tend to feel a little sluggish for the first 2 miles of a run but after that I only seem to get stronger. I’ve hit a crossroads on how I want to approach the rest of my training. I can try to get in as many 10-12 mile runs a week or run 7-8 everyday with a 15-20 once a week. Yesterday (Sunday) I felt that I could have passed 15 pretty easy but wasn’t sure if it would be worth it if I had to go light for 2-3 days just to recover. I don’t think I have to make that decision now or even or even have to pick one way over the other.

Overall my body feels great. I’m still battling the “runs” but it’s not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. My right ankle also gets weak (unstable) later in the long runs. I may need to work making it stronger but I haven’t found a whole lot on line.

For this week my plan is to get in at least 4 long runs and see if I can top 11 for 3 of them. If I do that I should be around 70 for the week again. That will put me around 290 for the month which would easily top my current month high of 272.

7 weeks until Chicago

No comments: